.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

 

Sleep machine

That's me. My parents are astounded. Today, after a hard day of doing not much of anything I collapsed on a lounge chair on the deck and passed out for two solid hours. I'd still be sleeping if the breeze hadn't picked up and made me cold. This after falling asleep on the couch last night and sleeping at least 10 hours. They knew I slept like this as a teenager and they knew, from my husband, that I could still out-sleep the best of them, but I think it's weirding them out to experience it in person.

Honestly, my ability to nap was rekindled in Tobago - it left me more relaxed than I'd been in ages. There, I was outdone by my friend Dan, who fell asleep at the end of every yoga practice - something we were all made aware of by the dulcet tones of his snoring. "Snorasana," we called it (an asana being a yoga pose - a little Yoga humor there).

Truth be told, I could curl up and fall back asleep right now, but instead I will shower and get ready to go out to dinner with my husband for our 7th wedding anniversary. Happy anniversary to us!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?