.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, May 06, 2006

 

Outed

So yesterday my boss told me she knows about my blog. Gulp. (Hello, boss.) I am still processing how I feel about this, and what it means for what and how I write moving forward. It's a reminder that of course, anyone can find this blog - it's not just a bulletin board for friends and family. I've known that all along, and it's made me censor myself - which on the one hand, is incredibly frustrating, because it keeps this from being an outlet for true artistic expression; on the other hand, that's life - if you have a job, and you're an artist, you have to constantly negotiate how much of yourself you reveal in your art. Which sucks, but that's the way it is.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?