.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

 

Vegas, Day 4

Last night, on the way home from dinner, someone asked our cab driver, "so how long have you been driving a cab in Vegas?" Turned out he was 10 months away from retiring to Thailand. I found myself thinking, where will I be in 10 months?

My conference ended today. Just one more event where I need to be "on" - dinner at the Venetian, which I'm actually looking forward to seeing. I wish I had more time here to get out of the city - it pains me to be so close to the (by all reports) remarkable deser terrain and not experience it. It's amazing to me that "fiery flaming red rocks, swirling unrelieved as far as the eye can see" (as frommers.com puts it) are 20 miles away from this insane manifestation of human civilization that we call Vegas.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?