.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

 

Endorphins

I was so committed to getting back on track with daily, or almost daily, postings here, but an insane week at work has intervened. Yesterday one of my coworkers said to me, "I have never worked somewhere with so much drama." This morning, in an attempt to leave the drama far behind, I went for a walk in Rock Creek park with my husband and dog. The tulip magnolias in front of our building are in bloom, and as we walked through our neighborhood and into the park we saw trees in various stages of blossoming -- some still bare, others holding on to the dead brown leaves that have stayed with them all winter, others dotted with little green buds, and others in full bloom, covered in pink and white blossoms. I'm apparently out of shape, since this walk I used to do all the time had me huffing and puffing, but it also left me with that much-touted endorphin high - energy in every corner of my body, blood pumping, reconnected to things that really matter.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?