.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

 

Creating

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've posted something. I've been writing my screenplay, and it's too hard to write in my journal, write my screenplay and post something here every day. I had forgotten how much fun screenwriting is. It's similar to the joy of improv -- the playful creativity of bringing characters to life. So much easier these days to express myself through someone other than myself. Parts of me are in every character I create, of course, but it's freeing to invent names and personalities and styles, gestures, dialogue -- all with no rules. I have a notecard in my living room that says, "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." But creating yourself is a slow and arduous process. It takes a lifetime. Creating someone else - that's easy.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?