.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, February 12, 2005

 

Wayward

I feel like I'm going through the motions with this blog. For a while there I got into a rhythm, but now I'm back to wondering: what's the point? Is it like improv? - you show up, you participate, and it's more about the process than the product? Or does that go out the window when you're publishing something... is there an inevitable expectation of polish? I don't want to feign that I'm doing something public here if it's all inwardly focused... in improv, of course, you perform with other people, so the risk of navel-gazing is mitigated. And yet, several people have said that they've connected to something I've written here, and that reminds me: yes, that's the purpose. That's what I set out to do. The fundamentals of improv apply after all: be honest, and there will be a pay off. It may not be great art, but it's communication.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?