.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

 

Somewhere: sunrise

I woke up earlier than usual this morning and the sky was a soft blue streaked with darker blue. The colors have shifted a bit in the past 20 minutes. I know that somewhere in the city you can see the sunrise. I am intensely craving the beach right now - the sand, the sound of waves crashing, the silver sea, light cracking into the sky and spreading slowly, gently...watching the day being born. Whenever I come back from the beach, I miss the sunrise and sunset...welcoming a new day and then letting it go, instead of just jumping in and fizzling out. Witnessing the sun coming and going, and the effects of the light on my world, makes me reverent and aware.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?